Here is a link to the industry report on projected noise levels for the McLeans Mountain project.
- this is just a computer model and computer modelling is notoriously inaccurate (up to 19 dB out)
- only dBA sound is modelled whereas many experts now feel low frequency noise is just as important if not more so
- the accuracy of the predictions are further degraded in hilly territory
- the predictions are based on wind speeds of only 6m/s (20km/hr)
- night noise over 40dBA has been shown to produce serious health effects in a significant number of people